The power to live life your way is now available at Ability Apartments Townsville in brand new apartments created for people with disability and high physical support needs.
Schedule to open late-2020, Ability Apartments Townsville features 12 purpose-built rental apartments. The latest in accessible design and assistive technology ensures an independent and private lifestyle, with support when required.
State-of-the-art design features meet the NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation certification for High Physical Support as well as Liveable Housing Australia’s Platinum design level certification High Physical Support certification under the NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation guidelines.
• Located in the heart of Townsville
• Close to transport & shopping precinct
• Peaceful & quiet street
COMPLETELY ACCESSIBLE BUILDING
• Spacious and customisable kitchens and bathrooms
• Generous circulation spaces
1, 2, 3
• Private no-step balcony
• Secure parking and lift access
• Air conditioning
• Beautiful views
• Automated common area doors
• Non-identifiable integrated apartments
• Roof top terrace and communal
• Bright open plan living areas
• Floor to ceiling glass doors
• No-step balcony or courtyards
• 950mm width doorways
• 1200+mm width hallways
• Fire Sprinklers
• Built-in wardrobes
• Ceiling hoist provisions
• Accessible ensuite
• Height adjustable bench tops
• Low mounted wall switches
• Drawer dishwasher
• Induction cook top
• Designed for privacy
• Accessible toilet
• Non-slip bathroom tiles
• Fully folding shower screen
• Height adjustable basin
ONSITE OVERNIGHT SUPPORT
Support staff are onsite in their own dedicated apartment 24 hours per day to assist tenants whenever needed. They are contactable via device, personal fob pendant, wall buttons or voice automation.
SMART HOME TECHNOLOGY
Home automation enables tenants to maximise their independence and privacy. Personal devices can be programmed to control lights, blinds, windows, doors, air conditioning, and intercoms.
A two way speaker/microphone system is mounted in the ceiling allowing for voice activated communication between tenants and support staff, while motion and heat sensors can be programmed to alert support staff.
All apartments are equipped with emergency power backup.