STABLE, QUALITY HOUSING.
We specialise in offering quality housing that is centrally located, completely accessible and specifically designed for high physical supports needs tenants.
We provide safe, suitable and affordable apartment options that enable complex needs residents to have more control, choice and freedom regarding their living situation.
STEPS TO MOVING IN
The SDA approval pathway requires collaboration between Support Coordinators, Allied Health Professionals, your advocates and you. The rewards will be life changing and empower you to live the way you want.
1. Read the 'Am I Eligible for an Ability SDA Property?' checklist then complete the 'Guide to Eligibility' to see if you meet our initial criteria.
2. Download and complete the Expression of Interest Form.
3. Suitability will be determined by our team, at which point, if successful, Ability SDA will issue you a 3 month conditional offer.
1. Immediately request a change of circumstances plan review
2. Find an Occupational Therapist (OT) who specialises in housing reports/solutions
3. Prepare a housing plan application
4. Lodge your housing plan to the NDIA
Once your housing plan has been lodged you will have the opportunity to meet with the Support Provider that will be delivering the onsite overnight support.
Together you will discuss all your support needs and make a plan which will be recorded into a separate Supported Independent Living (SIL) quote which will be prepared and lodged to the NDIA by the approved Support Provider.
Having received approval for SDA and SIL from the NDIS it is time to make arrangements for move in day. Ability SDA and the Support Provider will be on hand to help you transition into your new apartment.
*The participant will sign a standard residential tenancy agreement.