The dream of an independent lifestyle is a reality at Ability Apartments Gosford Central, where accessible design, smart-home technology and onsite overnight support ensure people with a disability can live the way they want.
Schedule to open mid-2020, Ability Apartments Gosford Central includes 10 specially designed two-bedroom rental apartments within a 13 storey residential complex of 67 luxury units. All have a North East aspect.
State-of-the-art design features meet the NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation certification for High Physical Support as well as Liveable Housing Australia’s Platinum design level certification High Physical Support certification under the NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation guidelines.
• Located in heart of Gosford
• Close to shopping precinct
• Close to train station
• Close to Gosford Public Hospital
COMPLETELY ACCESSIBLE BUILDING
• Spacious and customisable kitchens and bathrooms
• Generous circulation spaces
10 x 2 BEDROOM APARTMENTS
• Private no-step balcony
• Secure parking and lift access
• Air conditioning
• Automated common area doors
• Non-identifiable integrated apartments
• Roof top terrace, BBQ and communal area.
• Brisbane Water views
• Bright open plan living areas
• Floor to ceiling glass doors
• No-step balcony or courtyards
• 950mm width doorways
• 1200+mm width hallways
• Fire Sprinklers
• Built-in wardrobes
• Ceiling hoist provisions
• Accessible ensuite
• Accessible kitchen designs
• Low mounted wall switches
• Drawer dishwasher
• Induction cook top
• Designed for privacy
• Accessible toilet
• Non-slip bathroom tiles
• Fully folding shower screen
• Accessible basins
ONSITE OVERNIGHT SUPPORT
Support staff are onsite in their own dedicated apartment 24 hours per day to assist tenants whenever needed. They are contactable via device, personal fob pendant, wall buttons or voice automation.
SMART HOME TECHNOLOGY
Home automation enables tenants to maximise their independence and privacy. Personal devices can be programmed to control lights, blinds, windows, doors, air conditioning, and intercoms.
A two way speaker/microphone system is mounted in the ceiling allowing for voice activated communication between tenants and support staff, while motion and heat sensors can be programmed to alert support staff.
All apartments are equipped with emergency power backup.